Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Frederico 'Kiko' Macheda - Remember Him?

Frederico 'Kiko' Macheda has been largely out of the limelight this season. The hiring of Michael Owen as the designated impact substitute off the bench has kept him away from any first team  Premier League action this season. Injuries also have hampered his progress this season.

I remember a 17-year old man-child, whose introduction to English Premier League football was so dramatic that it brought home an 18th league championship for Manchester United. Yes, Sir Alex Ferguson had Macheda to thank for last season's title triumph. The goals against Villa and then Sunderland really got United out of jail last season.


He almost repeated the same heroics against Chelsea two weeks ago when he came on as substitute and scored a scrappy goal to give United some hope. Unlike last season, his goal could not kickstart a Red Devils revival.



Fergie's faith in the young man continued when he started Macheda against Blackburn last weekend, but unfortunately, he could not rescue United the same manner he did last season against Aston Villa and Sunderland.

Macheda's strength on the ball, positional sense and clinical finishing could yet be used before the end of this season. I am hoping it won't bring about the same effect as last season.




2 comments:

Ary said...

Hi..

I am Ary from Indonesia. I have find you site in search engine and find many great infos there. I have a soccer blog too. It's about Arema Indonesia Football Club, It's famous with the super fanatics supporter Aremania. If you permit me, i want to have a link exchange with your blog. This is my blog: aremablogger.com. The niche is soccer and SEO. I want to have a link exchange with you to increase both of our Search Engine Ranks. Not for commercial use. I hope you can accept it and i will be happy to show your link in my site too. Just let me know.
Thank you very much.

Warm Regards,
Ary Fadian R.
fadian.mlg@gmail.com

Live Football streaming said...

Haha actually i do remember him. And i also remember that he use to annoy me like hell. I never liked him as a player :$

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Directories That I Am On

Label Cloud


Powered By:Blogger Widgets